Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How I Got Where I am Today.... Part 4

So, they read the note right before I was leaving for work. It was ugly and I was glad I had to go to work just then. I didn't want to come home that night. I wanted to be anywhere other than with them in that house. But time goes on and I had to return home. When I did, it was everything I didn't want it to be. Dad didn't say a whole lot, he never does. She on the other hand really laid into me. Every night for the next week or so we were up until 3:00am or 4:00am, with her lecturing me on what a horrible, trashy, disrepectetful, ignorant, and many more person I was. She would tell me how I would never make it on my own. I didn't know how the real world worked. I would just sit there for hour on end allowing her to scream and yell and verbally abuse me.

Finally, March 12, 2006, my birthday, turned out to be a pretty good day... so I thought. We had dinner and cake and ice cream. Shari got me an awesome gift. It was a laundry basket full of stuff I would need for my new apartment. It was awesome! I really thought everything was going to be okay. After everyone left, I was cleaning up thinking, "Wow, this might be the first night I get a break." But, I thought too soon. It started again. Same lecturing, same insults, but this time my dad was in on it too. He called me a slut and tossed condoms in my lap. He couldn't believe I was moving in with a boy. Remind you, Sean and I had no relationship whatsoever other that friends. Like I said before, he was almost like a brother to me. But apparently they chose not believe that even though I had a boyfriend who they hated.

So, after a few hours of the awefulness, she switched gear. She was being nice. She offered work out a budget with me so I would be finantually secure and was offering other ideas. But not a half an instant later it was right back to where we just had been. Finally, I want to say around 3:30am or so, she told me that she didn't want me in her house when she wasn't home. When she got up for work I would have to leave when she did and when she came home I was allowed back in. Now she is often full of empty threats. I assumed this was one of them and just let it go. She finally lets me go to bed.

Now 7:30am or so rolls around and she yells downstairs that she is about ready to leave and I need to get me stuff together. So this wasn't an empty threat. So I get my work clothes and make up and start heading for the door. Keep in mind, I don't have a car. She stops me when I hit the door and begin lecturing me again. Then tells me that I don't have to leave, but I need to behave. (Empty threat really is empty!) Then it switched gears to Thomas, (my boyfriend at the time, who they really hated). She was off about what a piece he was and then went into his family. She can bash me all she wants, but when you start bashing someone I care about a lot and someone you don't even know, there are problems. I screamed back and told her she had no business talking about them, she didn't even know them. But she would let up about it, so I turned and walked out the door.

I had no idea where I was going, what was going to happen, all I knew what that I had to get out of there and never go back.

No comments: