Saturday, October 16, 2010

How I Got Where I am Today.... Part 5

Where do you go when you have no where to go? The boyfriend's house of course. Thomas was kind enough to let me stay at his house for the next 18 days until I was able to move into my apartment. I didn't speak to my dad or Her for several days. I really had no idea what was going to happen. I had no idea if I was going to get any of my personal stuff or if I would have to start over from scratch. I expected her to keep everything because that's just the type of person she is.

While checking my email one day She had sent me something that was cute, so I decided to go out on a limb and tell her thanks for sending it. That is what opened the door to us speaking again. She asked if I needed anything and if I was okay. She blamed it all on my dad and my dad not wanting to talk to me and him being mad. (As you will find out along the way, everything is my dad's fault and decision.) She brought a few things I needed into my work. We didn't say much, but it seemed things were looking a little brighter.

Over the next little while we kind of mended things and when April 1st rolled around I was able to come get my things. We moved my whole room in life 4 hours with her right there "helping" also known as going through all my things to make sure I'm not taking her stuff. Later I found out that she actually took several things that were mine, but of course she would never admit that. And that was that. I was finally free of the Hell Home.

Side notes:
I still owed her around $700 because she helped pay for my trip to China. I gave her $1000 check a little after we started talking again. That was an adventure. First time I ever stood up to her and let me tell you it was a rush!

They also told me that I needed to pay to repair the Rodeo because it was my sister's car and I should have known I shouldn't drive it to take her to and from work because it wasn't working properly. So I got an estimate from their mechanic and gave her $2300 in cash to fix it. Needless to say to this very day it's sitting in the driveway dead.

Don't tell me that I'm not responsible. Everyone told me that I shouldn't give her a dime, but sometimes it's easier just to pay them off so you don't have to hear them bitch.

Best feeling in the world was a few weeks after I moved out I came over for a visit. She started screaming and yelling about who knows what and I turned to my dad and said well, that's my cue to leave. And I walked out without saying a word to her. It was so amazing to have that freedom.

No comments: