Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How I Got Where I am Today.... Part 7

I am going to off on a tangent here about Mike because he has had a major impact on my life. I truly and completely loved that man. Everything about him was perfect. He knew just what I wanted to hear, he did everything I could ever hope for. He was in fact the man of my dreams with just a couple of flaws. He smoked, which I absolutely HATED. It's nasty. And the whole being married thing. They were in fact separated and working towards a divorce.

It's really hard to explain the true feelings I had for this man. He was my everything, everything I ever dreamed about. We would talk and talk for hours and hours about anything and everything. He was an excellent listener as well as an advice giver. He could cook like you couldn't believe. So yummy!!! He opened my eyes to some amazing music that I love so much. I still listen to everything to this day. He was a romantic, I think that was my favorite part. He took my on a scavenger hunt around the whole city. Just about everywhere we had a memorable moment together we put one of those little heart valentine's chocolate boxes. For my 21st birthday he kidnapped and drove me to Wendover. I had no idea where we were going. I am such a sucker for romance. He was so smart and funny and just plain out amazing. But, as we all know. All good things have come to an end. As time went on things were all fluffy and fun. He started acting very cold and secretive.

April 2007 mine and Sean's lease was up in our apartment. Mike and I talked about moving in together, but never was sure about it. So I had to move in with my brother because I couldn't find a place in time. I lived with them for 2 months. June 1, 2007 was one of the best days of my life. To start work that day was really good, customer's weren't horrific, I had gotten my annual raise at work, which was a really really good one, I was able to get off work early, and best of all is I signed a lease to my very own apartment. It was such an amazing feeling. I felt so grown up!

By this point Mike and I weren't doing well at all. He rarely had time to see me. If he wasn't working then he was spending time with his kids. Which is totally understandable, but It would have been nice of him to make time for me too. Call me selfish. A few weeks into June, he sends me a text on his way to work asking me to come over when he gets off, we needed to talk. "We need to talk" is never ever a good sign. So of course I was freaking out all day long. To make a long story short, he did what every married man does. He went back to his wife. Well he told me he wanted to go home, back to his kids. Which is code for, "I am dumping you for my wife."

So, that was the end of that. Little while later he moved back home. We still talk once in a great while, but not often. The list of thing he taught me is a long one, but I think the biggest one is always go with your instinct. It's usually always right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katrina, I just read your blog.
I'm impressed with your maturity and the level-headed way you express all the Hell you've been through.
I was at your Mom's funeral. I was surprised to hear the bishop say that your mom had a lot of addictions. It's not something that's normally talked about in that setting.
You've been through a lot, I see that you're strong, and a survivor. Remember that you only have to answer to your own conscience.