Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How I Got Where I am Today.... Part 6

So what happens now? Well before we get into all that, I would like everyone to know that She isn't the most horrible person that ever walked the earth. She did do a lot of great things and gave me a lot of things I normally wouldn't have had. I would like to thank her for that much. I know her intentions were there, but for whatever reason she is just mean. I don't know why, all I can do is deal with it the best I can.

So, now this put us living with Sean, dating Thomas, and working at Marie Callendar's. Life was good. For the most part not to many complaints. I guess this would be where Mike came into play. Mike was a manager that was transferred to the West Valley Marie Callendar's. I don't remember exactly when it was, I want to say towards the end of the summer. Well, actually the more I think about it was before I moved out that he was transferred. I honestly don't remember. But I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Mike and I clicked instantly. We could talk about anything and everything and we got a long really well. We would spend hours and hours after work sitting there talking because neither of us wanted to go home. (I was still living at my parents at the time). He was married with 2 kids. It wasn't the strongest marriage.

So as time when on, I realized I was miserable with Thomas. He cared more about is stupid computer games than he did about me. Mike's relationship with his wife was worse and worse. She finally kicked him out. He had no where to go, so Sean told him he could stay at our place until he found a place (which was about maybe two weeks later).

After several night of us staying up really late talking, listening to music and laughing, I realized I wasn't happy with Thomas. It was really really hard, but I had to do it. Now I don't want this to sound like Mike is the reason I broke up with Thomas. It was solely 100% because he would rather play his dumb games than spend time with me. It was really hard because I really did care about him and he took it really hard. I still feel bad to this day, but I know it was the right thing. I know we are a lot happier now.

So, as many of you can guess, yes, Mike and I did become a couple, but it wasn't until several weeks later. We still would spend a lot of time together doing silly things and hanging out. We still worked together, but everything was always 100% professional. We never did anything remotely close to what a dating couple would do.

One very boring Sunday afternoon at work, we were sitting there looking through the newspaper and chatting. We were looking through the classified trying to find new jobs. He came across one about a customer service rep for UPS. He told me I would be perfect for that job and I had to apply. Well the ad wanted me to fax a resume to them. I don't know where I would fax it. He told me he could fax it from our work's fax machine. It sounded so wrong, but I was really tired of Marie Callendar's (I was also working at Target at the time. That only lasted a few months because the wanted me to work 30+ hours on top of my 50+ hours at Marie's. Yeah I about died). So once we closed the store I ran home and grabbed my resume, brought it back and he faxed it that night. A day or two later, they emailed we info for an interview. As of September 28, 2010 I have been working there for  4 years. Around that same time, Mike found another job managing another restaurant also. So we both left Marie's. And a while after that is when we got together.

No comments: